Peeled Earth and SKY

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Welcome Home



After a very long forced rest I am happy to say I will be back in class today.  My body is still healing so it will be a new experience for me teaching with this body.

Laying around for all of this time allowed me to do plenty of self reflection, which for me leads to questioning.  I began to look at asana and pranayama with fresh eyes.  Simply deep breathing in child's pose was difficult and took my focus to another level.  I had to listen.  I had to breath and gently move into my body with grace and ease as to not ask what my body was not ready for.  I feel most of all that after surgery my body needed LOVE.  Not just healthy foods and rest which are extremely important, but the kind of love that comes from meditation and visualization.  Self awareness. Pulling in healing with each breath.  Seeing in my mind's eye my tissue healing, my body resting. Yoga but on a new level for me.  


Gil Hedley, a Somanaut and over all amazing human being wrote,
" Our bodies often do the opposite of what we want. They make noise when we want to be quiet, run out of steam when we'd keep going, stay up when we want to sleep, demand undivided attention when we're already very busy. Having a body is like having kids! Love your body generously as you would a child. Comfort it when hurting, forgive it quickly, respect its innate wisdom, & allow it scope to have a mind of its own."

2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully put...
    And cheers to Gil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight. Great quote too! Thanks for the wisdom.

    ReplyDelete